h

h

Friday 3 October 2014

Testimony!

As far back as I can remember, I've always collected vinyl. Buying vinyl every single week during my teens was my fix. Traipsing through the back streets of Oxford Circus going to HMV to Reckless Records toUptown Records to Selectadisc to visting record shops in South London, from Bluebird to Red Records, I can even remember buying vinyl in Our Price (remember them).
Vinyl was my passion, my fix, my love along with my turntables and my mixer. To buy a new import 12" and not wait to get home to break that seal and place them on my turntables was sheer heaven.

The more my collection grew, so did the shelves to store them on. Then after the 90's, Hip-Hop and R&B took a massive nosedive. It didn't sound the same anymore, but out of habit I still bought vinyl but not as much as I used to. Then the digital age of MP3's came and my vinyl buying then ceased and I became a habit of convienience, storing music on hard drives then became a daily routine. I then scoured the world wide web to find a lot of my collection to put on my ipod to listen to the golden age of Hip-Hop and R&B. You would always find the classic albums, the Nas Illmatics to the Wu-Tang 36 Chambers, but most of my collection was made up of 12's. Getting those remixes when they were actually remixes, tracks that didn't appear on albums, I loved my 12's. Some sites do have some of those 12's that I have in my collection but 9 times out of 10 they are usually a CDS single rip and they may not have the remix I wanted or the instrumental that I crave.

Whilst trying to find some of my 12's and albums to have in my "digital collection" I jacked in my job, I relocated from London to Wales to be with my family, my marital status changed and became a Christian all within a year.
While moving all my vinyl from London to Wales, God had given me scripture, Matthew Chapter 6, Verse 19 and I quote "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal."
I knew then that I had come to a place where selling my collection was essential to my walk in the faith. So for the last year I have been selling my collection on ebay (here comes the cheesey plug) my username is ricardo759. Please check out what I am selling and I pray that my vinyl goes to a good home, I will be in the future selling some of my vinyl on here as well but in the meantime I have decided to rip some of my 12's and albums and share with you all. There is no such thing as a perfect collection but I will try and put some classic material on here from time to time so that you guys may be blessed by it.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Rickey. I'm really enjoying some of your rips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate that Samson! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete